Kaseya Community

sp3

• hi guys,
    I'm possibly doing something stupid but I just cant seem to get this to work, I have a few new PC's and I want to push out SP3 to them, I've created a patch policy that approves SP3 and assign it to that group but when I run the patch scan it does not show me that its missing so I dont get the option to select to install it, am I missing something along the way?

Legacy Forum Name: sp3,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lornacummins
  • lornacummins
    hi guys,
    I'm possibly doing something stupid but I just cant seem to get this to work, I have a few new PC's and I want to push out SP3 to them, I've created a patch policy that approves SP3 and assign it to that group but when I run the patch scan it does not show me that its missing so I dont get the option to select to install it, am I missing something along the way?

I've found that using PM is touch and go in cases like this, but since you ask... are those machines a part of any other groups? If not you may need to rescan or use initial updates for it...

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • No, the only group there assign to is Sp3. It's very wierd.

Legacy Posted By Username: lornacummins
  • lornacummins
    No, the only group there assign to is Sp3. It's very wierd.

I seem to recall another thread like this... but it wasn't about SP3, it was some other patch... and sadly I don't recall the fix...

Since this is an issue this would be my workaround:

Create a view that contains the machines that you want to install on, then script the install and schedule the script.

Reason why I'd do it this way is that PM hasn't been very nice to me.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty