Kaseya Community

Wake On LAN

• Has anyone had success with turning PCs off at night, then issuing a Wake On LAN script (procedure) to wake up the sleeping PCs in the morning?

Specifically, I would like to do a WOL script against a list of PCs or MAC addresses that I wish to be awakened. Is this possible, or do I need to have a script scheduled for each and every PC that needs to be awakened?

Did you use the sample script to do the waking?

Randy

Legacy Forum Name: Wake On LAN,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rcspang
  • rcspang
    Has anyone had success with turning PCs off at night, then issuing a Wake On LAN script (procedure) to wake up the sleeping PCs in the morning?

Specifically, I would like to do a WOL script against a list of PCs or MAC addresses that I wish to be awakened. Is this possible, or do I need to have a script scheduled for each and every PC that needs to be awakened?

Did you use the sample script to do the waking?

Randy

I use a WOL on several of our clients for PM. what kind of issues are you having? if it is that the machines are in hibernate or "asleep" you'll need to make sure that the power settings are set at "S3" in the BIOS. On some makes you'll need to make sure that the NIC is WOL enabled within Windows as well (I'm not sure about the Mac thing we don't support those)

I've got a WOL script that I run on what ever is running the LAN Watch, it's supposed to parse an XML file and and do the WOL from there. It can be found in the scripts section.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty