Kaseya Community

K2 Outbound email fails

• Just upgrade this weekend. Outbound email test fails. I have an internal Exchange server. In the Host name field for Outbound Email, I put in the local IP of the Exchange server. I put in a username and password just in case. Port 25. The sender email is a real email account on the Exchange server. If I send a test to gpotvin@centripetaltechnologies.com, my email account on the Exchange server, the test works. If I put ANY other email address NOT on my Exchange server, the test fails with this error message:

SmtpFailedRecipientException (Status Mailbox Unavailable). Mailbox Unavailable. The server response was : 5.7.1. Unable to relay for gpotvin@me.com

The gpotvin@me.com is an outside email address I have access to. Any ideas? Thank you.

Legacy Forum Name: K2 Outbound email fails,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GPotvin
  • So, when a client enters a new ticket, I get the email notification, but the client does not, nor do they get notified of changes to the ticket because of the relay error.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
  • Enabled relaying on the Exchange server for the K2 server, and it works. Never had to enable relaying in the past. I'm not really keen on allowing relaying. Are others doing this as well? thank you.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,