Kaseya Community

Delete Scheduled tasks

• All our server's have scheduled task to run a Defrag once a week we setup before switching to Kaseya, obviously it would be a much better idea to move this to Kaseya to handle. Wondering if anyone has come up with an easy way to remove scheduled tasks, I don't want to have to do this manually for 30+ client sites.

Legacy Forum Name: Delete Scheduled tasks,
    Legacy Posted By Username: FITSteven
  • FITSteven
    All our server's have scheduled task to run a Defrag once a week we setup before switching to Kaseya, obviously it would be a much better idea to move this to Kaseya to handle. Wondering if anyone has come up with an easy way to remove scheduled tasks, I don't want to have to do this manually for 30+ client sites.

Have a look at this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313565.
    It basically uses the at command to delete specific scheduled tasks.

You can create a script that "executes a command" and run it on all your kaseya enabled machines.
    You probably will need admin rights, so if your script doesn't work straight away try using "Use Credentials".

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pferrucio
  • Thanks for the advice, unfortunately since I didnt use the at command to create the task it doesnt show up in the list. Looks like I will have to do it the manual way...

• In case anyone else does a serch and finds this...

Found this is the default place they are stored on a 2003 box - c:\windows\tasks\Taskname.job

So a simple delete file script works fine as long as you know the name of the task and its the same for all them