Kaseya Community

Windows 7 and Server 2008 VNC Problems

• We are using 2008 (SP1) - 5.1.0.0

When installing the agent on Windows 7 and Server 2008 clients we can only connect ising RDP, not VNC?

I have chenaged the agent to run as Windows XP mode and Admin Privillages but i still can not get it to run in VNC mode.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Scott

Legacy Forum Name: Windows 7 and Server 2008 VNC Problems,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ActiveItek
  • Win7 and 2k8 aren't "supported" by K5 you'll have to temp the upgrade.

Post upgrade I've gotten (k)vnc to work on Win7 (both flavors) but not server 2k8 r2

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I swear that I had VNC working for remote control on my machine running Windows 7. But for the past week or two, it has not been working. I thougth it was something stupid I was doing. But now that you report it too, I am thinking that it is an underlyign Kaseya problem. Rats.

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I've recently noticed that VNC remote access on Win7 only works if the agent is configured for "Silently take control". When set to prompt, the user doesn't actually get the prompt. I'm thinking UAC or something similar, because all these PCs do have UAC enabled.

Legacy Posted By Username: justin.barrick
  • justin.barrick
    I've recently noticed that VNC remote access on Win7 only works if the agent is configured for "Silently take control". When set to prompt, the user doesn't actually get the prompt. I'm thinking UAC or something similar, because all these PCs do have UAC enabled.

That would make sense as we only use "Silently Take Control" and the only issues we have with RC we have no matter what the OS.

I.E. Sometime you try to connect it fails, try again it works?!

Same happens with FTP which in fact seems to fail on every first attempt, then works, sometime it connect and lets you navigate to one folder then errors, reconnection resolves it!

Legacy Posted By Username: stu_u2k
  • Not sure but I am able to deploy KVNC to both Win7 and W2008 no problems at all. Now I did think at one point there was a problem since my preference was VNC but no matter what I do on settings it ONLY deploys KVNC so just kept this and everything else is OK.

Legacy Posted By Username: JeffD