Kaseya Community

Upgrade KServer from Server 2003 to Server 2008

• Well looking for ideas here, let me explain whats going on. Basically we have too many agents now for our server to handle, we have it virtualized so yea it'd be nice and easy to beef it up but since we installed it on Server 2003 Standard 32 bit, we cannot give it more than 4GB of ram. So basically we're looking for upgrade the operating system as least painfully as possible. Yea it'd be nice and best to just start whole new server with Server 2008 64 bit but we had so much trouble upgrading to K2 that I wish we woulda just done this then.

So after all the research it looks like we can do a windows upgrade to Server 2008 Enterprise 32 bit and that will allow us to do more than 4GB of RAM.
    I tested this the other night and did the upgrade, it made me Uninstall Windows Powershell 1.0 before upgrading, then after the upgrade I tried opening //localhost and showed me error:

"the page you are requesting cannot be served because of the ISAPI and CGI restriction list settings on the web server"

If I could just pay Kaseya like couple hundred dollars to just go on and do the upgrade to brand new server and make sure everything works i'd be fine with that haha

Legacy Forum Name: Upgrade KServer from Server 2003 to Server 2008,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tim@xxpert.net
  • hi there,

Not sure of the process you did exactly but one thing is that in Win 2008 IIS 7 is by default much more locked down out of the tin. That error to me looks like you need to enable web services in your IIS / as in allow ASP and its friends to operate.

By default ASP Server pages are prohibited in both IIS 6 and 7.

Might help..

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin