Kaseya Community

Warranty Lookup for Lenovo and others

• I need to provide an audit of a new client's pre-existing network. Part of this audit includes a list of PC's along with warranty status. For some manufacturers like Dell, looking up warranty info is relatively simple - all you need is a serial number (service tag) which Kaseya handily provides. Although it's a pain, looking up each machine one by one is do-able (sometimes that link does not work). However, there are lots of other manufacturers that don't provide warranty info so easily. Lenovo, for instance, requires you enter a "serial number" AND "system type" at their website to lookup warranty status. The link provided in the Audit screen still points to IBM. Unfortunately it appears Kaseya does not capture "system type" at all. To get all the warranty info I would have to physically visit each PC to inspect its belly for this info.

Can anyone help me figure out how to do this without re-visiting 160 computers across 6 offices in 6 different counties?

Legacy Forum Name: Warranty Lookup for Lenovo and others,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCioffi
  • IBM/Lenovo is the easy one. Just make an "Aggregate Table" report that shows Product Name as the first column, System Serial Number as the second, and Machine ID as the third, export it to Excel, tweak it a little (i.e. clean up non-lenovo and machines with badly-formatted data), save as CSV, and submit it via their "bulk warranty check" mechanism in batches of 150 or fewer PCs.

Create a custom field in System Info to enter the warranty expiration date (under Audit => System Info, click the "Show More" button, then use the "New...*" button to add manual-entry fields.)

Then just fill it out based on the spreadsheet you get back from Lenovo.

Dell is the easy one - click the link, select, copy, paste.

HP is the P.I.T.A. since Kaseya doesn't/can't collect the HP "Product Number" on *many* machines more than about 2 years old, and HP won't look up warranties without it! However, you can guess it pretty well by using the HP Product Bulletin to find a workable Product Number, and plug it in here

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Matthew Bartels
  • That worked well - thank you.

Legacy Posted By Username: RCioffi
  • Just an FYI - we have a tool that will do all of this for not only HP - but a lot of vendors for you....

http://www.updatewarranty.com

Free trial!

Thanks
    Chris@christoit.com

Legacy Posted By Username: christo
  • christo,

Is there a way to automate your tool via Kaseya scripting? - rather than manually running from the desktop?

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Add Apple support and we will buy it!

Legacy Posted By Username: libertytech
  • Hi,

You can also use this link http://www.tcpiputils.com/?warrantycheck=SGH8070400 to get HP warrenty info from a serial number.

There is also a IE Accelerator so you can do it from within Kaseya.

Regards, Paul

Legacy Posted By Username: paul@joheco.nl
  • paul@joheco.nl
    Hi,

You can also use this link http://www.tcpiputils.com/?warrantycheck=SGH8070400 to get HP warrenty info from a serial number.

There is also a IE Accelerator so you can do it from within Kaseya.

Regards, Paul

Sweet Smile Only does one at a time, but at least it's quick and helpful for checking the warranty on that one system you're working on right now.

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • I've had a lot of success with emailing srg@hp.com with hp serial numbers to verify warranty - this might be an option for emailing xls docs with serial numbers of hp machines similar to the suggestion re lenovo boxes.

Have emailed this address many times with serial number only

Legacy Posted By Username: tbone2345