Kaseya Community

File Content

• Trying to create a script to get the contects of a file and write to the script log I do this all the time with .txt files and it works no problem, I'm trying to do it with a .xml file and keep getting errors? Are you able to do it with an .xml file firstly?

Lorna

Legacy Forum Name: File Content,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lornacummins
  • Ok was completly my fault had something stupid in my script, but now I have another issue, this is the file that I want to output to the script log,

-
    @Update_History_logger_started

But this is what gets outputted,

It seems to be ignoring everything with a bracket but I need that date and time information, even if I write the xml to a txt file first and then write the text file to the script log it still displays the same, is there anyway I can tell it to write everything on the file to the script log no matter what way its written?

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lornacummins
  • lornacummins
    Ok was completly my fault had something stupid in my script, but now I have another issue, this is the file that I want to output to the script log,

-

But this is what gets outputted,

It seems to be ignoring everything with a bracket but I need that date and time information, even if I write the xml to a txt file first and then write the text file to the script log it still displays the same, is there anyway I can tell it to write everything on the file to the script log no matter what way its written?

Could you post your entire script? please enclose in the [code] tag for easy reading =)

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty