Kaseya Community

Sync Local Folder to Remote Folder (not backup)

• Hey Everyone,

Is it infact possible to sync a specific folder on one machine to another machine via Kaseya?

Legacy Forum Name: Sync Local Folder to Remote Folder (not backup),
    Legacy Posted By Username: Brendan.Thompson
  • you could use an xcopy or robocopy script and run it at regular intervals...

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I'm guessing the OP wants to do this for agents not on the same LAN or accessible by VPN. I know the basics of BUDR offsite replication can push folder contents to an agent offsite, but I believe you have to have BUDR installed on the agent for that function to work.

I wouldn't mind being wrong, though.

Legacy Posted By Username: mastermindpro
  • The OP is a bit vague in the request, if one wants to go offsite depending on the setup xcopy/robocopy could work, you could also use an ftp script, lots of different ways of doing a specific folder with out explicity using BUDR.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Curiousity got the better of me, so I actually tried it on an agent that didn't have BUDR installed. The "source" agent does not have to have BUDR installed, but the offsite server doesn't show up in the list unless BUDR is installed on it, I believe.

• Gosh, I'm just all kinds of wrong today. Looks like you CAN create an offsite server without installing BUDR. You just won't have synthetic full support.

• mastermindpro
    Gosh, I'm just all kinds of wrong today. Looks like you CAN create an offsite server without installing BUDR. You just won't have synthetic full support.

True, but Kaseya won't neatly move the folder contents. It will be Acronisized, and will need to be restored at the destination before it's accessible. Not really a sync.

Legacy Posted By Username: smartdolphins
  • Really? Hum...I was told in a boot camp that the contents of the folder that are NOT Acronis images will be replicated as they are. I haven't had the need to try it, though.

• I have done this before and it has worked just fine. You do as mastermindpro has said and setup the 2 computers as OffSite pairs. This will copy the files from one computer's folder to another. I had this for basic replication for one of my accountants to synchronize her QuickBooks directory to the server. Worked really well, actually.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave