Kaseya Community

Custom Reporting

• Hi All!

We use ConnectWise with Kaseya, and currently we have the CW Executive Summaries going out to all clients on a weekly basis. We pull data from Kaseya.

We've got a client that would like to receive their executive summary on a monthly basis, and would like to change the scope of data for this report (currently it's over a 30-day average I think).

Anyone have any experience doing this? I can't seem to get any info on where / how this summary data is getting generated.

And Finally, I've read of several folks who have deveoped custom reporting for CW/Kaseya - I'd love to get some insight on how you've got that setup and where we should begin that process.

Thanks!

rj

Legacy Forum Name: Custom Reporting,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • Not sure about custom reporting with K/CW, but I do know that CW is about to release (for v8.1) some serious changes with reporting (they're moving to SQL Reports). Scheduling of reports is one of the newer things they'll be adding.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    Not sure about custom reporting with K/CW, but I do know that CW is about to release (for v8.1) some serious changes with reporting (they're moving to SQL Reports). Scheduling of reports is one of the newer things they'll be adding.

Very cool, thanks! I know we just updated to 8.1 but didn't know about the new reporting. I'll see about that.

Of course if anyone else has input I'd love to hear it!

• You cannot change where ConnectWise collects its data, that's all standard.

I am developing a suite of reports out of K to go along with the Executive Summary reports out of K/CW. Let me know if you are interested and I can put a little more pressure on development to give me something concrete.

As for custom reporting out of CW, you need to get in contact with Custom Connect Solutions (http://www.customconnects.com/). They are the "official" custom reporting company for CW and can work on developing custom reports for you. (Tell them I sent you.Cool)

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Thanks Dave, yes we'd be interested. we're still ramping up in some ways, so of course we'd like to see what others are doing and what we can implement for our clients.

• CCDave
    I am developing a suite of reports out of K to go along with the Executive Summary reports out of K/CW. Let me know if you are interested and I can put a little more pressure on development to give me something concrete.

Count me in as well!

Legacy Posted By Username: dcantrell
  • ServerHealthSummary.jpg
    Here are the two reports we have in production now. We haven't come up with a pricing scheme yet, but they will require SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Reporting Services to run if you want them to emailed out automatically. (SSRS Standard doesn't do the data driven schedules.)

• MonthlyClientPerformance.jpg
    Attachment refers to previous post.

Legacy Forum Name: ,
  • Looks great! We're very interested in finding out more details about your custom reports.

Legacy Posted By Username: davidb
  • Hi Dave, we would also be interested in seeing some pricing for your reports. Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • Hi Dave,

We do a lot of our custom reporting also - we built a custom report incorporating Connectwise and Kaseya.

Couple of queries on your report

In relation to availability what are you doing to calculate this, we reviewed the Kaseya uptime report but this is actually an ASP code page that calculates this based on the agent log so we were puzzled as to how to get this into SQL reporting.

Also in relation to your RAM / CPU are you creating your own tables and storing data or are you using the event tables from Kaseya.

For those looking to deliver the reports what we did was create a front end website for our clients to log in to to view their report and then we use the marketing manager from CW to email all relevant client contacts at the end of each month telling them their report is available.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • mmartin
    Hi Dave,

We do a lot of our custom reporting also - we built a custom report incorporating Connectwise and Kaseya.

Couple of queries on your report

In relation to availability what are you doing to calculate this, we reviewed the Kaseya uptime report but this is actually an ASP code page that calculates this based on the agent log so we were puzzled as to how to get this into SQL reporting.

Also in relation to your RAM / CPU are you creating your own tables and storing data or are you using the event tables from Kaseya.

For those looking to deliver the reports what we did was create a front end website for our clients to log in to to view their report and then we use the marketing manager from CW to email all relevant client contacts at the end of each month telling them their report is available.

Michael

Now, I can't really give away trade secrets, especially to a "competitor" in the report writing businiess. However, we may be able to share some tips as I would really like to know about your CW integrations. Send me a PM with your email if you are interested in working together.

The question I can answer is storing the data. Yes, we are building a seperate database to keep the MonitorCounterLog data since Kaseya overwrites it so often. We are only keeping 2 data points per hour, but that's more than enough for reporting purposes. This also means we can go back as far as we want historically.

Currently we are using SSRS Data Driven Subscriptions to email out reports to our clients. I'm not the actual programmer in charge of the reporting end, so I can't say much about that piece. I really want to get it integrated into CW for ticket tracking, etc. but I have to convince "management" that it is worth it. If I get more people interested in a good reporting package I'm sure we can do more great things.