Kaseya Community

Report for Offline MS Office Workstations

• I can do a report to search for Office 2007 by the version of the file excel.exe, but I want a report that shows:

Serial#, IP, Computer & Kaseya Name, Last Check-In Time, Office Version.

It looks like when you build a software report, it will only provide numbers of licenses used and not the specific machine names.

Edit: Well, I can get the machine names, but nothing like IP/serial/check-in time.

Legacy Forum Name: Report for Offline MS Office Workstations,
    Legacy Posted By Username: danieldausch
  • So two steps:
    1. Create a View that contains all the machines that meet the criterion (Office 2007... this can actually turn out to be pretty difficult! Worst-case scenario, make a View of the "Only show selected machine IDs" and select all the machines with Office 2007 manually... sucks but it is doable)
    2. Set up an Aggregate Table report to show the serial/last logged in/etc. that you want to show.

Now, if you want a report that shows all those fields *plus* the Office version as its own column, I think you're out of luck! You'll have to do it a different way, probably through the Database Views (which are way outside the scope of this reply!)

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Matthew Bartels
  • The first step doesn't make any sense to me. I have a view already created to search for Excel.exe version string >12 or

If I do a Software License Report for Software Licenses, I can also select to show Machine ID's, license keys. I can do THIS one and get keys and Office version OR I can do the Aggregate table and get the specifics without the type of Office installed (or license key) while relying on my VIEW. I guess I have to somehow patch these reports together. I expected this to be a tad easier with all the other gadgets and gizmos...

I still love you, Kaseya. Wink

• Yep - so basically, you've got it in a nutshell. You can do two separate reports, each of which shows part of what you want, but you can't get them both into the same report *within the kaseya GUI*.

My steps 1 and two were more along the lines of "OK so first the aggregate table for Excel 2007 no SP", "next the aggregate table for Excel 2007 SP1", "next the aggregate table for Excel 2003 SP2" and so on. Cumbersome, but then you can combine all of the resultant reports.

Or, use Database Views - if you have a good knowledge of ODBC it isn't ridiculously hard but it does require several prerequisites that some people may not easily come by (like, for instance, ODBC access to the DB server!)

The whole thing about "manual selection" for making a view is basically this; if you can't get Views to show you what you actually want, you can always just manually assemble it. This comes up surprisingly often with version numbers, since they are compared alphabetically and not as numbers. (surprisingly, 10

Legacy Posted By Username: Matthew Bartels
  • UH so with the numbers for version strings like that, am I doing it backwards???

Thank you for your help. With all the awesome scripting tools, they should go back and try to fix this. I haven't seen the new version yet, but think about it....what does IT need? Backups, Anti-Virus, and Licensing Reports. The rest is extra. Hopefully they did something with this.

We should be able to see software licenses with keys assigned to this machine, this IP, this chassis type, etc. etc. GO GO GO

• WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TOTAL COPIES and UNIQUE LICENSES WHEN I RUN A LICENSE REPORT?