Kaseya Community

Send Kaseya Ticket to ConnectWise

• I was wondering if there was a way to click the New Ticket button while monitoring alerts under the Classic Console, and somehow send the ticket to ConnectWise?
    Thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: Send Kaseya Ticket to ConnectWise,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Hi Have you looked at the Ticketing - Notify Policy? You can set it to send an email on Ticket Creation. hc

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: howardc

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 5:34 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] .
  • Thanks! I just checked it out. It might be of use, but not sure if it would be faster than how are handling new tickets now.

Does anyone know if the Connectwise integration to Kaseya handles this sort of thing?

• Do you know how to modify the subject of the email to add the device name? This way the CW parsing will assign it to the correct company

Legacy Posted By Username: Reboot
  • Our email alerts already include the machine and group ID. I was reading through some of the ConnectWise Email Reader Parsing tools today and it looks like it could possibly parse the emails based on this and create tickets in CW for the correct company.
    Have others tried this? I assume there would be a number of rules (at least as many as companies with chance for more depending on the alert).

• BTW - I remember seeing a few postings in this forum about how others are integrating CW and K.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Coldfirex
    Our email alerts already include the machine and group ID. I was reading through some of the ConnectWise Email Reader Parsing tools today and it looks like it could possibly parse the emails based on this and create tickets in CW for the correct company.
    Have others tried this? I assume there would be a number of rules (at least as many as companies with chance for more depending on the alert).

We have this setup and working, you just need to make sure all the alert e-mails have the same prefix i.e. "agentname.machinegroup | alert" in the subject. It took us a couple tries with CW support to get it working correctly... every once in a blue moon we will get an alert that comes in and gets assigned to the catch all.

Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • We created a company called "Unassigned Tickets" in Connectwise and all tickets where the machine doesn't match up goes there.

Also, the "New Ticket" button can be configured for Connectwise using the following steps:

Customizing the New Ticket Link
    To customize the New Ticket link on the Machine Summary page fill out the externalLink.xml file as described in the comments section of the XML below. To activate the new ticket link, place the externalLink.xml file in the \WebPages\install\ directory of your KServer.

with a particular machine ID. The string is searched for the following
    case sensitive values and substituted for the values below.
    machineNameVal - the machine name for the active machine is substituted
    in the URL string.
    groupNameVal - the group name for the active group. -->

Legacy Posted By Username: Intech-Jason
  • [QUOTE=Intech-Jason;42383]We created a company called "Unassigned Tickets" in Connectwise and all tickets where the machine doesn't match up goes there.

Also, the "New Ticket" button can be configured for Connectwise using the following steps:

Customizing the New Ticket Link
    To customize the New Ticket link on the Machine Summary page fill out the externalLink.xml file as described in the comments section of the XML below. To activate the new ticket link, place the externalLink.xml file in the \WebPages\install\ directory of your KServer.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
    <externalLinks>  
    <!--   URL STRING SUBSTITUTIONS: The URL string displayed is associated   
    with a particular machine ID. The string is searched for the following
    case sensitive values and substituted for the values below.  
    machineNameVal - the machine name for the active machine is substituted
                        in the URL string.  
    groupNameVal - the group name for the active group.  -->  
    <ticketLink displayName="Ext Ticket" url="http://192.168.212.52/?mname=machineNameVal&amp;gname=groupNameVal"/>
    </externalLinks>[/QUOTE]

I saw that too about customizing it, but I wasnt sure about the url.  Would I just change the IP to point at our CW server or something?

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 5:35 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] .
  • Anyone know about this?

• i followed the help article in Connectwise search for "kaseya ticket link intergration"

is that what you are trying to do? this works well for us.

Legacy Posted By Username: saybrook
  • I'm using the externalLink.xml to create ConnectWise tickets via the portal interface. I'm not sure why, though; it's barely worth bothering -- the ticket details don't come across at all. I basically have to manually copy and paste across anything in the alert that I want to have in the ticket.

Am I missing something? Is that all there is? Is there a way to make it work better than this?

/kenw

Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein
  • You're not using the email interface for getting tickets into CW? We have our setup to use the K/CW integration to get all the managed machines into CW. From there we setup a Public Folder on our Exchange server that K sends alert emails to and CW parses them for the machine name to match it up to an imported machine. We get all the email details in the CW ticket and never have to touch K ticketing.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Yes, I know a lot of people do that.

The reason we don't is that we have a lot of different systems sending us alerts via email, and would prefer to have something else filter them before they hit ConnectWise.

So far as I can see, there just isn't any way to set a technician's default Service Board view without messing with locations and business units, selecting only a single board, or restricting which boards they can see at all.

The Kaseya to ConnectWise "Ext Ticket" thing sucks slough water, but if I send all the alert emails and Kaseya-generated tickets over to CW directly, it will swamp (sic) the legitimate tickets there. I don't want to technicians to see all those un-vetted tickets unless they explicitly choose to.

And frankly, from what I've seen, Kaseya's ticket interface has better filtering/deleting tools than CW does.

/kenw

Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein
  • Ken Wallewein
    The reason we don't is that we have a lot of different systems sending us alerts via email, and would prefer to have something else filter them before they hit ConnectWise.

What about putting Email2DB in place to filter your emails, parse them and make them more manageable? I used this in a previous life with K/Autotask to do tickets and love all the different methods that Email2DB had to parse emails and actions it can do.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave