Kaseya Community

Deleting Old @Archive Files

• I have a year of files in the @archive folder. I just have a few questions:
    1. How long should they be saved?
    2. Can I adjust the length of time they are saved?
    3. Can I just manually delete them?

Legacy Forum Name: Deleting Old @Archive Files,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dboncher
  • I'm curious about this too. I've made some changes to our archiving and I'm wondering if I can manually delete old data in @Archive and @DBBackup.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BulletproofSean
  • Any idea as to whats in those .dat files? or if the kserver needs them? I've opened a couple of them in the @DBBackup dirs and it looks like the alerts/alarms.

I've got a coupld of gigs worth.. the server isnt pressed for room but it'd be nice to get rid of some of this..

and those noActiveX-.exe can i delete those too?

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I went ahead and deleted everything in @archive and @dbbackup older than August 1, 2009. Nothing has crashed yet.

Legacy Posted By Username: BulletproofSean
  • It looks like the are event viewer files. It deleted everything in the @archive folder also. I am leaving the @dbbackup folder alone for now. But everthing is named ntEventLogxxxxxxxx.dat. The x's are the file date.

Legacy Posted By Username: dboncher
  • You can delete the archives, these are suppoe to be only saved if you have archving checked off in Agnt History, but it seems to create them anyways. They are intended for long term storage to get things out of the database and are suppose to be deleted manually when you no longer need them.

The active-x....exe can also be deleted, these are suppose to be deleted manually but sometimes are not.

The backups can be deleted manually, but this should really be handled under System -> Configuration and choose how many days to keep backups. I wouldn't suggest deleting them all or you won't have a backup. The backups are just standard SQL backups exactly as if you backed up through isql or SQL GUI.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca