Kaseya Community

New agent - I don't want it to audit

• Is there a way to make it so when someone installs the agent that it does nothing but install the agent? I don't want it to do an audit, nothing. I was looking for a fast and clean install that lets me VNC in immediately without waiting for the audit. Any ideas?

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: New agent - I don't want it to audit,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BryanWithPCCare
  • BryanWithPCCare
    Is there a way to make it so when someone installs the agent that it does nothing but install the agent? I don't want it to do an audit, nothing. I was looking for a fast and clean install that lets me VNC in immediately without waiting for the audit. Any ideas?

Thanks

You can create a template and delete the audit actions from it.

But, seeing as you only want remote control, you'd be much better off using Video Streaming. Pretty much anything else will require the information that audit collects anyways.

Andrew

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • Also do a preinstall RC for the template.

What your trying to do is what im currently setting up as our initial rollout template - just a nice quick package then ill apply other templates like auditing later on.

Legacy Posted By Username: steven.moore
  • [QUOTE=andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au;50947]You can create a template and delete the audit actions from it.

But, seeing as you only want remote control, you'd be much better off using Video Streaming. Pretty much anything else will require the information that audit collects anyways.

Andrew[/QUOTE]

I've found that video streaming only works if the user has some sort of admin rights on the machine... (and a wee bit of smarts help too)

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Check out this post. It outlines how to create a template to do what you want: http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/114/p/4638/20463.aspx#20463

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Thanks everyone for the help, I really appreciate it!

Legacy Posted By Username: BryanWithPCCare
  • thirteentwenty
    I've found that video streaming only works if the user has some sort of admin rights on the machine... (and a wee bit of smarts help too)

Agent deployment has the same restrictions...

Having said that, if you already have a presence on site, it might make sense to have a stripped down template. But that's the only scenario I can think of.

Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au