Kaseya Community

Can Kaseya Alert if a Firewall goes Down?

• How can I use Kaseya to be notified if a firewalls goes down at any of my clients' companies?
    Or... Can the Monitor > SNMP section be used to test the up/down status of a firewall at another client's company?
    Thanks. Rich

Legacy Forum Name: Can Kaseya Alert if a Firewall goes Down?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rgood
  • You can monitor a clients firewall or router with the Monitor -> System Check -> Ping function.. This will generate an alert when a device stops responding to a ping, port connection, etc... We designated one of our internal servers to ping all our clients firewalls, routers, etc...

The SNMP 'can' be used to monitor the up/down state of the firewall and other firewall information, but SNMP is typically monitored from a server internally... So if the firewall was down the SNMP alert may not be generated..

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cbnny
  • If the firewall went down, wouldn't you lose connection to all the agents behind it? That would be more of your test as to something happened.

The external ping idea is definitely a good one and one that we use. Just make sure that you have your firewall ACLs set to only allow ping from your IP address/range.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Thanks all. That works. I appreciate the advice. Rich

Legacy Posted By Username: rgood