Kaseya Community

VNC Remote Control on Linux

• To use Kaseya Remote Control (of a machine with an agent installed) from a Linux PC:

Install Wine and XVNC4 Viewer
    (In Ubuntu variants: sudo apt-get install wine xvnc4viewer)

At a command prompt: vncviewer -listen
    (You can make this autostart to not have to follow this step in the future)

Log in to Kaseya, find the machine you would like to remote control and click on it. Run the NoActiveX... EXE (you are given a link to when ActiveX fails to load) with wine.

Enjoy.

(If anyone knows how to make Terminal Server connections work please feel free to let me know. I've figured out that it starts by launching KRlyCLis.exe which does the listening for your TS connection then initiates an RDP connection to localhost, but I havent gotten it to work, probably because I cant get MSTSC to work.)

Legacy Forum Name: VNC Remote Control on Linux,
    Legacy Posted By Username: i-worx
  • Is this to remote control a Linux client or to remote control a PC from a Linux machine?

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • This is remote control of a Windows machine from a Linux PC, using a native Linux VNC client (and wine to get the connection started).

Legacy Posted By Username: i-worx
  • Thank you so much Smile This was really killing me.

Legacy Posted By Username: mparr
  • [QUOTE=i-worx;34413]To use Kaseya Remote Control (of a machine with an agent installed) from a Linux PC:

Install Wine and XVNC4 Viewer
    (In Ubuntu variants: sudo apt-get install wine xvnc4viewer)

At a command prompt: vncviewer -listen
    (You can make this autostart to not have to follow this step in the future)

Log in to Kaseya, find the machine you would like to remote control and click on it. Run the NoActiveX... EXE (you are given a link to when ActiveX fails to load) with wine.

Enjoy.

(If anyone knows how to make Terminal Server connections work please feel free to let me know. I've figured out that it starts by launching KRlyCLis.exe which does the listening for your TS connection then initiates an RDP connection to localhost, but I havent gotten it to work, probably because I cant get MSTSC to work.)[/QUOTE]

This works great with KVNC and WinVNC clients but with the KVNC clients I can't copy/paste or do file transfers. This can be very helpful and I was wondering if anyone had figured out a solution to this?

Legacy Posted By Username: jblessman
  • THIS WORKS!!!  I have been looking forever for this answer!!  Thank you so much.  Did anyone figure out the RDP portion?