Kaseya Community

Select default Remote control

• How do i select the default Remote control program?

Legacy Forum Name: Select default Remote control,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Basw
  • Remote Control->Select Type. Select the desired remote control package and assign it to one or more systems.

Matt

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Also, change the type on your templates and then you'll be sorted when you roll out new agents Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz
  • But is there a way to change the remote controle by default.?

Legacy Posted By Username: Basw
  • Yes as mentioned in the post by Chris. But I will elaborate the template concept.

1. Go to Agent->Create. Enter a agent name and group name. Note you may want to create a special group just for your templates.
    2. Configure your template as you desire. You can set default remote control, patch management, scripts, alerts, etc. The only thing you can't setup on a template is monitor sets.
    3. Agent->Deploy Agent. Create a new deployment. In step 4 specify your template as the system to copy the settings from. Now when the new deployment package is used it will get a template settings.
    Additional Notes:

1. You can also use the Agent->Copy Settings option to update settings on already deployed agents via a template.
    2. Scripts scheduled to run on the template will execute after the agent first checks in therefore you can use this to do initial setup type of operations (i.e. pre-install remote control option).
    3. Template settings are copied to the deployment or another agent. Changes to the template will not effect the agents already copied from the template. If you want the new changes to take effect you have to do copy settings or update you deployment package again.
    Good luck,

Matt

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex