Kaseya Community

How to needed...how do I do a new client audit?

• Hi,

We're running a special on a new client audit of their computers and network. I know that Kaseya can be installed on all the computers in a company in a matter of minutes, run some reports, and then easily uninstalled.

Can anyone help me with this process? Right now we are manually installed each client. I have my first audit Monday so I'd like to practice over the weekend.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

--Kent

Legacy Forum Name: How to needed...how do I do a new client audit?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kentiler
  • Install agent (manually to first PC) on the network. Run lan watch and find any other system on network. Push install out (note: you'll need to have domain admin password to do this easily). Finally, when done, uninstall.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Any recommendations or tips on the reports?

Thanks!

--Kent

• You can go through and give him a surface look at his network, but I usually go after backups and security first (AKA manually attack the servers for weaknesses, then the network (firewalls and such), and finally the workstations. I then go after the type of equipment he is buying (is it whitebox or dell?).

• Does Kaseya have the tools to verify antivirus status, etc. on all the servers/workstations, too?

Thanks!

--Kent

• It will do a software audit, and then you can do a report showing you what AV is installed.

• A PAtch Status Report is always a good one too. Typically we find that some computers are 100% up to date, some computers are misisng a handful, and some computers are misisng a ton of security patches. You can point out how you will keep the machines fully pacthed with all updates that you approve, while also preventing issues with problem updates by Denying them.

The Executive SUmmary Report will also list version of the Operatign System, so you can see the Service PAck level for all the machines - maybe some machines will not have the latest service pack installed, and you can point that out.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Is there any other good report to list vulnerabilities or lurking problems? Obviously we want to point out that their systems and network have several issues and we can help fix those.

I noticed that some people use an external site to try to find vulnerabilities in the firewall or other security issues. Any tips/ideas for those?

I appreciate all the feedback everyone has given. Thank you!

--Kent

• nmap and nessus are useful tools.

you may want to consult with an attorney before offering any major security audits or pentests.

Legacy Posted By Username: nevesis
  • Thanks for the info!