Kaseya Community

Version Filter

• Hi,

I'd like to know if the following is possible with version filter on a particular view. Since we manage a lot of servers, i'd like to find out if its possible to filter beserver.exe versions. for e.g. Backup exec 12 has a BESERVER.EXE version of 12.0.1364.101. is it possible to get all the machines with backup exec 12 using something like 12.0.* or *12.0* ?

ultimately the objective is to have 10.*, 11.*, 12.0.* etc so that i'll be able to view various servers with different backup exec versions.

I tried 12.0*, *12.0*, 120*, *120* etc. but none works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Legacy Forum Name: Version Filter,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mkris
  • Set the filter to "Contains" Application *beserver.exe*
    Check Version string is Beer

that should do it... .

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Many thanks for your response.

Just tried it - with version string 'Less than' 10.* or 11.*. for e.g. if I try 11.* it brings up a few of backup exec 11d servers. with 12.* it brings up 10 11 and 12. with 9.* it brings up almost everything.

what i'm after is a view that will show me all of 11's OR all of 12's or all of 10's..

Legacy Posted By Username: Mkris
  • Mkris,

This is not the exact answer you are looking for, but this is what I use... maybe this will give you wwhat you need, in sort of a workaround method.

1) create a View with for Contains BESERVER.EXE. Do not specify any version.

2) Set the new View to be the current View

3) Go to Reports->Software
    - check all of the checkboxes, including the bottom two for Show unregistered applications and List machine IDs that contain each application.
    - choose the radio button for Sort by Report Type
    - For Report Type, choose "All Applications" from the dropdown list
    - For Title enter something like "Backup Exec Application List"
    - Click the Update button
    - Click the Save button and save the report
    - Click the Run butotn to run the report

This will give you a detailed report of all of the versions of Backup Exec (major and minor) that are installed on the machines, with a machine listing underneath each version number.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • lwolf

This will give you a detailed report of all of the versions of Backup Exec (major and minor) that are installed on the machines, with a machine listing underneath each version number.

Lloyd

Darn it Lloyd... there you go providing a quick and simple solution to something that was going to be gloryiously difficult lol... Actually I think this method is better as we can plan for upgrades and make a wee bit of moolah and such... danke schoen!

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • thirteentwenty,

I am glad to hear that this worked for you.

Personally, this exact Backup Exec version report, along with a corresponding Symantec Antivirus version report is one of those bonuses tha I love about using Kaseya. Prior to Kaseya, we used to maintain a bunch of spreadsheets to kepe track of which version of the software was installed, on which servers, for which clients. And despite that effort, the spredsheats often contained errors.Now, with there reports, I am always up-to-date. It works greatr when focusing on a version upgrade project emcompassing all clients.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf