Kaseya Community

lock kaseya

• Hi everybody,
    I would like to deploy the kaseya agent to my customer in order to totally managed their it infrastructure. What I would like to get is preventing the users from unistalling removing disabling and currupting kaseya: It's quite simple for an administrator user (for example the laptops users, and even for other user to block it)... googlelizing I found a script to remove the kaseya agent from the add & Remove programs... but You know if you stop the service "kaseya agent" and you disable the automatic startup you loose control on the machine.... I found there is a free utility release by microsoft called "subinacl" that is able to lock the service from being stopped and from being changing the configuration.. and you can use this utility to lock the access to some files and directory. I've tried to test it but if you lock the directory the service doesn't work anymore and there is no way to come back... Do you know if is there a way to do this?

Thanks everybody

Legacy Forum Name: lock kaseya,
    Legacy Posted By Username: phil75
  • The forum thread below led me to using "sc sdset" to prevent local admins from modifying the service.

Then, I use the kaseya agent "audit->file access" to prevent users from doing anything to files in "%ProgramFiles%\Kaseya\Agent"

This thread:http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/132/t/7840.aspx

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mparr