Kaseya Community

Creating Connectwise Tickets from Kaseya-received email alerts

• Still learning to use Kaseya effectively.

A little while ago I tried logging alarms etc. directly in ConnectWise. That was a bad thing. Waay too chatty. I don't want tickets in ConnectWise unless they're actionable. And it's not as easy to browse and prune all that stuff in CW.

We get quite a lot of alerts and alarms from remote software, systems and devices (including syslog) as email messages. I'm looking for a way to have Kaseya track emailed messages, as well as its own monitoring and alarms, in one place, and prequalify them before sending them to ConnectWise for assignment. How can I best address this?

It appears that I can manually choose to forward Kaseya Alarms to ConnectWise as Ext Tickets, but it also appears that Kaseya can only receive email as Tickets, not as Alarms. Although I can have K automatically send new Tickets to CW, again, too chatty. And once the email has been receive as a K ticket, I don't see any way to send selected tickets to CW for action.

If I could receive email as Alarms, that might resolve the issue. Maybe I've missed it, but aside from the ability to receve email vs. the ability to send email and created CW tickets, I don't see a major amount of difference between K Alarms and Tickets.

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Does it make sense to use K to monitor all the alerts, alarms, etc., and then selectively choose when to create CW tickets? It's going to be a while before we get the noise level low enough that I would want K automatically creating tickets in CW for more than a few select things, and it's likely to fire up again as soon as anything changes. I really don't want that stuff confusing the PSA board.

/kenw

Legacy Forum Name: Creating Connectwise Tickets from Kaseya-received email alerts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Ken Wallewein
  • Not sure I follow what you ask, but here's how we do it Ken (I have CW & K also):
    -> Alerts and monitoring go to a particular Email Address (which is associated with a public folder).
    -> Some public folders are monitored by CW, and CW will automatically take it and put it on a designated board
    -> Some Public folders are not monitored by CW. Instead, a tech goes through it and decides which emails need to become tickets in CW. He then uses the Connectwise Outlook addin to bring the email in as a ticket in CW.

Hope this helps!

Boudj

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    Not sure I follow what you ask, but here's how we do it Ken (I have CW & K also):
    -> Alerts and monitoring go to a particular Email Address (which is associated with a public folder).
    -> Some public folders are monitored by CW, and CW will automatically take it and put it on a designated board
    -> Some Public folders are not monitored by CW. Instead, a tech goes through it and decides which emails need to become tickets in CW. He then uses the Connectwise Outlook addin to bring the email in as a ticket in CW.

Hope this helps!

Boudj

Connectwise calls it the "CatchAll" email.

If you set up a company called catchall, and all emails coming from the kaseya support create a ticket for that catchall company, it should be an easy way to manage.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: icrook