Kaseya Community

Ways to delete files in a folder?

• Our school has an issue with students downloading mp3's into the My Music folder. Is there a way to create a script that can delete all files out of that folder, or just mp3 files?

Thanks for the help!

Legacy Forum Name: Ways to delete files in a folder?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cengelbert
  • cengelbert
    Our school has an issue with students downloading mp3's into the My Music folder. Is there a way to create a script that can delete all files out of that folder, or just mp3 files?

Thanks for the help!

cengelbert,

Do the students need to have write access to that folder? This might be solvable another way. Also, are you only attempting to limit saving mp3 files in the "My Music" folder or were you looking to prevent saving any music file anywhere on the computer?

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Zestysoft
  • Zestysoft
    cengelbert,

Do the students need to have write access to that folder? This might be solvable another way. Also, are you only attempting to limit saving mp3 files in the "My Music" folder or were you looking to prevent saving any music file anywhere on the computer?

I would rather not restrict access to the folder, but just remove the files when needed. As for stoping the students from saving the files, I am not sure if that is a good idea or not. We have a few programs that might use MP3's but it would be nice to have the option.

• cengelbert
    I would rather not restrict access to the folder, but just remove the files when needed. As for stoping the students from saving the files, I am not sure if that is a good idea or not. We have a few programs that might use MP3's but it would be nice to have the option.

cengelbert,

When do you plan on running the script (while they're logged in or not), and are you using roaming profiles?

Legacy Posted By Username: Zestysoft
  • Zestysoft
    cengelbert,

When do you plan on running the script (while they're logged in or not), and are you using roaming profiles?

Long story short, the laptops are stand alone, we are using Kaseya as our "LAN". I want to run the script weekly or on an as needed basis. I would like to have the script run when they login if they are miss the initial run.