Kaseya Community

Custom fields for views

• Hey all,

Been searching the forums and help, and I'm sure I've overlooked it, but I'm a bit baffled.

I've read and heard you can add custom fields to the audit data (Client ID, Location, etc), and then to be able to use them in a view. But I'm at a loss as to how to do this.

I'm working through how best to use views, and there's some cool stuff, but also some serious limitations (why can't we view directly systems running specific services, or specific installed applications?? It's all there in WMI...)

If anyone has any other pointers/tips, that would be awesome.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

rj

Legacy Forum Name: Custom fields for views,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • In Audit -> System Information - Click on the Show More button at the top of the screen and then click on New. This makes it avaiable on the System Info screen as well as visible in a Kaseya view by going to the bottom of the edit view screen and editing the advanced list.

When editing your views, you need to review carefully the * OR AND things that you can add to it. You can for example create a view to show only files that have a certain app installed. You have to however look at the "Installed Apps" list and not the Add/remove list.

For things like WMI and performance counters, I don't believe you can do this in a view as the intent is for you to use the dashboard to get a list of machines with a certain event in place.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca
  • Thanks Much Doug, I could not find that info anywhere!

Woudl be great to search for either services and/or Installed Apps - we're trying to view all servers with specific services (Exchange, DNS) and I found a work around in the forums using scripts, but it's kind of messy.

Thanks again!

rj

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea