Kaseya Community

Filter out a specific event id

• HI,

I am trying to filter event id 7000 from appearing in our monitoring console. I'm not sure if this can be done, or if I need to create a monitor set.

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Filter out a specific event id,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sbutera
  • Have the same issue, please help.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: langate
  • [code] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <event_sets> <set_elements setName="Ignore Events" eventSetId="94428856"> <element_data ignore="1" source="Microsoft Fax" category="*" eventId="32092" username="*" description="*"/> </set_elements> </event_sets> [code] Create a event set like the one above. Add the Source/Event IDs for each the events that you want to ignore, the assign the event set to the computers where you want the id's ignored. They'll still be captured and show in the log, but they won't generate an alarm, and won't show in the monitoring dashboards.

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 5:30 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] .
  • Thanks alot! Big Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: langate
  • Lmhansen
    [code] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <event_sets> <set_elements setName="Ignore Events" eventSetId="94428856"> <element_data ignore="1" source="Microsoft Fax" category="*" eventId="32092" username="*" description="*"/> </set_elements> </event_sets> [code] Create a event set like the one above. Add the Source/Event IDs for each the events that you want to ignore, the assign the event set to the computers where you want the id's ignored. They'll still be captured and show in the log, but they won't generate an alarm, and won't show in the monitoring dashboards.

LMHANSEN...That is brilliant! Thank you very much. I will test it out and let you know.

Legacy Posted By Username: sbutera

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 5:31 PM (GMT -8) on 12-20-2010] .