Kaseya Community

vPro Setup

• I have some questions involving vPro and WoL procedures. If the machine supports vPro, does it have to be set up on the machine itself through BIOS? Is there a program from Intel that scan machines on a network to see if they support vPro and configure them through it? The reason I ask this is because I manage about 500 workstations spread throughout multiple companies and it would be impossible to go around to all of these machines to get it set up.

If this is not possible, are there any good WoL program / scripts out there that don't require in-person setup on the workstation?

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: vPro Setup,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rchiocchio
  • rchiocchio
    If the machine supports vPro, does it have to be set up on the machine itself through BIOS?

Answer: Yes!

rchiocchio
    Is there a program from Intel that scan machines on a network to see if they support vPro and configure them through it?

Answer: Yes!......and no. Kaseya can detect vpro from a LAN watch. But the only way to turn it on is in the BIOS.

rchiocchio

If this is not possible, are there any good WoL program / scripts out there that don't require in-person setup on the workstation?

Answer: Yes!......and no. There are MANY WOL scripts in the forums, and many WOL applications.........but WOL has to be enabled in the BIOS first.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pbrophy
  • Some Intel boards (such as the DG31PR) have WOL enabled in the BIOS by default.

Others (like the DQ35JO) are not enabled by default.

FYI there are Intel boards (and others) like the DG31PR that have WOL but are not "Vpro".

Legacy Posted By Username: pbrophy
  • pbrophy

Answer: Yes!......and no. Kaseya can detect vpro from a LAN watch. But the only way to turn it on is in the BIOS.

I found a bunch of stuff on Intel's site...

http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-1171

been looking into what of these tools I can use to get this done.

Legacy Posted By Username: rchiocchio
  • Enabling vPro for Kaseya support in what Intel terms "Basic" or "SMB" mode requires a hands on visit to each machine.

Definitely visit vproexpert.com (Intel Site) for heaps of info and training.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology