Kaseya Community

How to view pictures remotely

• Hi all,

im a Kaseya n00b.

Problem:
    Need to view large number of pictures remotely using thumbnails to select specific pictures to transfer to web server.
    VNC will work but the PC is in constant use by end user so no joy there
    FTP does not have thumbnail preview so i cannot see pictures to select.

I tried using a 3rd aprty FTP program to connect but it gave me a username and password prompt and my kaseya admin username password did not work, end username and password did not work, anon did not work

Any ideas?

Legacy Forum Name: How to view pictures remotely,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jason@hasslefree-it.com
  • Could you create a VPN connection to the network that the PC is on?

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ssugar
  • If it is running Vista business I think you can have 2 users logged in at the same time.
    Maybe use IIS somehow on the remote machine and view the images under a webpage???
    VPN is also another option as mentioned.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • VPN might work but would windows or a 3rd aprty app give me thumbnails to browse?

i like irfanviews tumbnail viewer but not sure if itwould work over vpn. i will try it an let you know!

thanks

• Could you remote in (VNC, RDP) to another machine on the same network that isn't being used?

Legacy Posted By Username: ssugar
  • ssugar
    Could you remote in (VNC, RDP) to another machine on the same network that isn't being used?

See if you can RDP to say, the server on the same network and browse to the workstation name's C$ share.

e.g:

\\WORKSTATION01\C$

C$ is an administrative share that is created by default to allow access to the C drive. If prompted for credentials, use the domain admin credentials or the local admin credentials. If you don't have the local admin account you can use the 'Reset Password' function under the remote control tab to create a new account/reset the admin password.

Hope this helps.

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • Thanks for all the suggestions!

In this case there is no other PC's on network. very long story there

CoreFTP 2.1 has a thumbnail viewer.
    I can connect tot he PC using kaseyas FTP function, copy the address, paste it into coreftp and it connects.

IT's slow but adequate for my purposes.

thanks again!Smile