Kaseya Community

Test VPN connectivity with Kaseya?

• I'm wondering if anyone has created a solution to test either a PPTP vpn connection, or an IPSec vpn connection through kaseya? Something better than pinging the endpoint's IP? I havent tried testing the port connection.

thoughts?

Thanks,
    Reid Johnston

Legacy Forum Name: Test VPN connectivity with Kaseya?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: reidjohnston
  • I would think if you ping the IP's you should be fairly certain that your VPN should be working properly.

What do you think is a downfall of pinging the connection gateways?

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • For IPSEC VPNs I've always just pinged the other endpoint's IP, or the IP of a server on the other side that should always be available. It's simple to setup and doesn't cause any problems I've ever seen, so I don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel.

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • kcears
    For IPSEC VPNs I've always just pinged the other endpoint's IP, or the IP of a server on the other side that should always be available. It's simple to setup and doesn't cause any problems I've ever seen, so I don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel.

Only thing I'd note is (if you can) try pinging to the internal DNS name of the server as well as/in place of the IP of the server. We've had the occasional issue where DNS doesn't work over IPSEC VPNs.

-LWX

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx