Kaseya Community

Using tags in Email Reader

• Does anyone have any experience using the tags in the Email Reader?

I have the Email Reader setup and working.
    It collects and parses mail in the POP account.
    using the ~ticid='xxx' tag works as the notes in the mail are attached to the ticket specified.

It all falls apart after that, no other tag is recognised or acted apon. I've tried the tags using different caps, quote etc and in the body and subject.
    When read by the Email Reader it just puts the emal tags and all on teh ticket as a note.

What I really want to use it for is chaning the status.

The only thing I can see that might be a problem is that when an email is read for a ticket the Admin/Time field under the ticket details displays teh Admin as the email address from the message that was read. is this a problem and how could one do anything about it in any case?

Suggestions, Advice and answers all welcome!

Legacy Forum Name: Using tags in Email Reader,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nathane
  • I've gotten them to work, but yes, they do still appear in the body of the ticket. What I did is had my form generate all the tags in like 1 line so it doesn't look so bad. But even though they show up in the body the correct fields are applied

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bsrichardson
  • When you say you have them working, you are definatley able to use these tags when updating an existing ticket? I have found they all work fine when creating a new ticket but I can not get a single one to work (except for ticid) on an existing ticket.

Rereading the Kaseya manual I get the impression that this is actually the designed behaviour and only adding notes is available for existing tickets. It would be great if you could tell me I am wrong and you can indeed change teh status of an existing ticket.

Legacy Posted By Username: nathane
  • nathane
    When you say you have them working, you are definatley able to use these tags when updating an existing ticket? I have found they all work fine when creating a new ticket but I can not get a single one to work (except for ticid) on an existing ticket.

Rereading the Kaseya manual I get the impression that this is actually the designed behaviour and only adding notes is available for existing tickets. It would be great if you could tell me I am wrong and you can indeed change teh status of an existing ticket.

Yeah, it's only for creating a new ticket.

Legacy Posted By Username: bsrichardson