Kaseya Community

Write custom data to a report

• Is there a way for Kaseya to read data out of a log or txt file and write it to an executive summary report or some other Kaseya report? I am not seeing a direct way to do it but I’m thinking somebody has figured out a workaround.

Mac

Legacy Forum Name: Write custom data to a report,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mac
  • Good question, I m also looking in a way to put dedicated text in the executive report. or import a .txt file.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: fourtopms
  • You could create a script that will get the contents of the txt file, place the contents into a variable and then plaster this into the script log of the agent. From here, you should be able to report on it.

Hope that makes sense,
    -LWX

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • Hi Guys,

Had this same question myself, heres my answer from K:

Hello,
    there is some customisation possible, but this is mainly based on numbers - you can add a count of virus scans, or the number of times that an event has happened, but not add information like that.
    There is a script that will check the mailbox size. You could create a script log entry if this is over a predefined size (say 10gig), then use the exec report to count the number of "mail is over 10gig" messages in the script log, for example.
    Kaseya Support

Legacy Posted By Username: philipj@itwest.biz
  • I have nothing more to say other than "this sucks"

Legacy Posted By Username: Mac
  • LANWorx
    You could create a script that will get the contents of the txt file, place the contents into a variable and then plaster this into the script log of the agent. From here, you should be able to report on it.

Hope that makes sense,
    -LWX

The question is how do you report on data writen to agent log. For example the defrag script writes info to agent log. How do I report on how many PC needed to be defraged and how many did not?

Legacy Posted By Username: Todd Williams
  • LANWorx
    You could create a script that will get the contents of the txt file, place the contents into a variable and then plaster this into the script log of the agent. From here, you should be able to report on it.

Hope that makes sense,
    -LWX

The question is how do you report on data writen to agent log. For example the defrag script writes info to agent log. How do I report on how many PC needed to be defraged and how many did not?

Legacy Posted By Username: Todd Williams
  • Hi,

This was a little gem for me once I found it. We report on how many backups have failed, how many have succeeded etc.

To do this, go to Reports - Executive Summary - under System Activity go to Change Rows.

You should be able to work it out from there.

Regards,
    Chris

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz