Kaseya Community

how to monitor linux?

• Hi guys need help.....Confused

How Can v monitor linux throuth Kserver with the help of SNMP.......

Do it need MIB files?

Regards

Adriel

Legacy Forum Name: how to monitor linux?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: adriel
  • hi,

The kaseya agent cannot be installed on a Linux machine, however you can use the monitoring to monitor SNMP devices including Linux machines.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gopinath.jayakumar
  • you can monitor linux with kaseya but not with their agent, yet.....

what are you looking to monitor?

Legacy Posted By Username: darcement
  • If we are simply needing to see if a *nix server is alive (pingable) how would you recommend this is done? We would like to be able to receive an email alert like we do now if a windows machine is offline for a certain period of time.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • You could use "Monitor-->System Check" from a machine on the same network to ping and alert you if it can't be reached.

Legacy Posted By Username: rkniffin
  • I was able to get Linux monitoring setup with Kaseya. Here is a checklist of what you need:

• Kaseya Windows Agent on the same subnet with the linux box
    • NET-SNMP installed and running on the linux box
    • Utility to do a SNMP Walk with

For the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf file, I added edited/added these values:

rocommunity private
    disk /
    disk /var/log
    disk /boot
    syslocation My Location
    syscontact Support
    sysName Linux Server

I then ran an SNMP Walk on the server with the above community name and returned the values to a spreadsheet. I located the values off of the sheet that I wanted and installed all of the MIBs (I got them from http://www.oidview.com/mibs/detail.html). once the MIBs were installed I located the objects in the tree and added them to kaseya. Then you configured the monitor set and apply it to the SNMP machine.

Legacy Posted By Username: eschaeffer
  • This may help as well, you can monitor using http://www.nagios.org/

We're using this at a hospital to watch all the switches and routers and AP's. It works for both linux and windows, and you can access console via web browser. Hope this helps.

If you're trying to watch just a one off *nix box via Kaseya, you're best bet is snmp, or ping. If you can't get your cust to buy off on another pc for watching the linux environment.

Also, another help full tip.... Logmein supports Linux now

Legacy Posted By Username: darcement