Kaseya Community

Security centre reports AVG is disabled

• Through my company I had Kaseya installed on my home PC as I log into pick up e-mails and was experiencing a time out problem. After this was resolved I left Kaseaya running but started getting security centre alerts to say AVG Free, my preferred anti-virus for home, was disabled. I had Kaseya removed from my system but I am still getting intermittent alerts from security centre. Sometimes it will be OK and others there will be the warning that it is not running, however, security centre does not let me switch it back on. I suspect there is still something left behind from the Kaseya uninstall that is controlling Security Centre. I did try un-installing and re-installing AVG but this had no effect. Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

Many thanks in anticipation Sad

Legacy Forum Name: Security centre reports AVG is disabled,
    Legacy Posted By Username: georgefza
  • I've experienced this issue before with SAV incorrectly reporting that it was not running in Windows Security Center. Turned out to be a known issue that happens every now and then, the only solution I could come across was to simply disable Windows Security center reporting on AV.

It seemed as though SAV kept running whilst I received these alerts and WSC was just going nuts with false positives. Might be a different issue to what you have though, but at least it's a starting point!

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • Hi there,

thanks for the reply but this solution is rather liking turning your car radio up when you have a knocking from the engine! If it is a known issue then there should be a known solution or am I being idealist!

Legacy Posted By Username: georgefza
  • In Symantec's great wisdom they had not found a fix for this, it was simply listed as a known issue and was being looked at.

But yes, I agree! I just wanted to get rid of the alerts until Symantec had fixed it Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx