Kaseya Community

Displaying a Dashboard on an Intranet Site

• One of our customers monitored by Kaseya wants to keep track of issues on their system without having to log into Kaseya. They ask if we can integrate the dashboard into their Intranet. I know there is the functionality to integrate with third party products, but does anyone know if there is this level of flexibility?
    We have considered options around driving it with emailed alarms, but would love to keep the simplicity of the dashboard interface.
    Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Displaying a Dashboard on an Intranet Site,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Maclean
  • Maclean
    One of our customers monitored by Kaseya wants to keep track of issues on their system without having to log into Kaseya. They ask if we can integrate the dashboard into their Intranet. I know there is the functionality to integrate with third party products, but does anyone know if there is this level of flexibility?
    We have considered options around driving it with emailed alarms, but would love to keep the simplicity of the dashboard interface.
    Thanks

You'd have to use the Kaseya Web API and do some custom programming to pull that kind of data I'd imagine.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • It would be cool if the dashboards could send RSS!

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • You can use the API for this. Most of the data can be retrieved thru Kaseya's web services. Of course you would have to be on Kaseya 2008 with web services accessible from your client's location.

The first version of the API really does a good job of retrieving most of the agent specific info.

We have several dashboards that pull information from Kaseya using .Net. You could host a page that includes your customers portal and have them link that page in their Intranet.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Legacy Posted By Username: sjavera
  • How do I use the XML on the API to create a dashboard that i could post on the intranet.

i.e. what values should i place in for the place holders and any other pertinent steps.

Thanks

P.S. Has anyone had luck with the Autotask Kaseya round trip ticket closure.

Legacy Posted By Username: YLindsay
  • sjavera
    You can use the API for this. Most of the data can be retrieved thru Kaseya's web services. Of course you would have to be on Kaseya 2008 with web services accessible from your client's location.

We have several dashboards that pull information from Kaseya using .Net. You could host a page that includes your customers portal and have them link that page in their Intranet.

Could you post any examples of what you've done? I figure there's enough of us who want this that if we have a starting point, between us we can create something brilliant!

Cheers, Jason

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonjordan
  • Although not a dashboard we have extended the access for our clients to Kaseya by adding to the User interface they get by double clicking the "K" icon. This still logs them in, but automatically and if away from their PC you can still assign a username and password.

We add custom links and use ASP pages to display information from the Kaseya views in various formats. One thing we added was the ability to search both active and archived tickets across the company rather than just their machine.

Their is a bit of coding (5 lines) to deterine their username with the ASP pages.

This avoids the whole API issue, which I see the API more as a way to write things to the Kaseya DB. For reading information out of the DB the views are a lot quicker and more flexible because you can create your own.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca