Kaseya Community

How to install Untangle with Kaseya interface

• Does anyone know how to install untangle so that it can be used through the kaseya interface. From what I've been reading, it looks like you need to be an untangle partner so you can download the kaseya connector

Legacy Forum Name: How to install Untangle with Kaseya interface,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cmgrajeda
  • The 'connector' is nothing more than two SNMP event sets. One for Generic Linux events, one for Untangle specifically. I have them, but am unsure on the rules (either by Kaseya or Untangle) for sharing. Signing up as a partner with them doesn't cost anything, just sign a simple agreement is all. Once you fill out the agreement, you will have access to the partner portal where the files are.

Send them an email and they will get back to you quickly.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • Blue,

How do you rate the Untangle product for these:

Ease of employment?

Demo ability for prospective clients?

Kaseya integration?

Automating reports to clients?

Thanks for your help!

Tim

Legacy Posted By Username: tim.bell
  • Tim,

We aren't using any more Untangle units due to a disagreement with them on something.

With that said...

Ease of deployment is pretty simple. I guess it depends on how complicated the network is. We didn't deploy any units in overly complex environments so it was simple for us.

Demo ability should be easier now that they have the Silver Bullet (usb drive running Untangle in a virtual machine) thing.

Kaseya Integration, well it was a lot less than I was expecting. Simple snmp monitoring and event sets. Not really 'integration' if you ask me.

Automating reports is simple. Add their email address. Done. Reports are huge and are probably confusing for the average non-technical business owner/manager though.

Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue