Kaseya Community

Dell IT Assistant / OpenManage

• I have setup Dell's IT Assistant utility on my network for monitoring all the servers. I would like to have it send SNMP traffic to Kaseya.

How is this setup? Has anyone else in the group successfully done this?

I have done a search and I did find some threads that discussed this topic but nothing conclusive, that I could find, and they all discussed the Dell OpenManage utility (which gets installed on each server), not the IT Assistant utility...

I was able to download the "mib" files for the Dell IT Assistance software and most of the other mib files related to Dell PowerEdge 2950 servers...but that did not get me very far.

Any and all information welcome on this topic! Smile

Legacy Forum Name: Dell IT Assistant / OpenManage,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ssoliman
  • yes, i have implemented DELL SNMP monitoring. You need dell mibs and then create snmp event monitoring set, configure windows SNMP service and configure DELL opemanage SNMP.
    It took me 3 hours for everything, so its not too much of a hassle.

Regrds,
    Rudi

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • doesn't Open Manage write alerts to the event log anyway? your alerts would pick them up that way from what we've seen. no?

Legacy Posted By Username: mmancini
  • mmancini
    doesn't Open Manage write alerts to the event log anyway? your alerts would pick them up that way from what we've seen. no?

Kaseya event log monitoring is not really very reliable in our case (logging disabled problems, not fixed even by Kaseya L3 support), that's why we are using SNMP monitoring.

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • Rudi thank you for your reply.
    Did you use the IT Assistant or just the server administrator managed node on each server?
    I was thinking of using the IT Assistant software to centralize all of the Dell notification from all of the servers and the just have the IT Assistant send to Kaseya?
    The other option, I was thinking, would be to have each server send to Kaseya.
    Which way did you set it up?
    ss

• mmancini, yes you right that would work also...but for me it turned into a bigger problem...a lot of different systems on our network will not support the event log option and they do not support the email notification option (we have hosted Exchange with authentication required...)

So I am looking to use SNMP for everything as "fix all"...does that make more sense?

• Rudi is using the Dell SNMP components for the servers, there are no sites where we use IT assistant because to tell the truth it is pretty useless.

I would steer clear from IT Assistant personally.

Legacy Posted By Username: sam.taylor
  • rudi
    yes, i have implemented DELL SNMP monitoring. You need dell mibs and then create snmp event monitoring set, configure windows SNMP service and configure DELL opemanage SNMP.
    It took me 3 hours for everything, so its not too much of a hassle.

Regrds,
    Rudi

Hi Rudi,

Any chance that you can break the steps down a little, for those that want to get up to speed with SNMP? I know that I'd really appreciate it, and am fairly sure that there are others here that would also.

Legacy Posted By Username: Anthony Michaud
  • Hi guys, where can i download the MIB sets for kaseya?

Thanks guys,

Legacy Posted By Username: mleepack