Kaseya Community

View a server's web page

• Is there a way through KAseya to view an IIS published web page on a managed server?

Example: http://www.servername.com pointing to an internal portal, or AV admin page, etc.?

Gavin

Legacy Forum Name: View a server's web page,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • I'm not sure what you mean. Would you clarify what you're trying to accomplish?

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • Sure --

MOst of our clients, for example have TrendMicro CSM-SMB security suite installed, and the management is done through a web page published on their server.

I was hoping that through Kaseya, I can view a web page on a cuatomers server which ISN'T available to the INTERNET, but is on their network.

Another example would be HP INsite Manger, or maybe an internet SHAREPOINT site.

• You can setup "external host" checks, and select which agent will perform them. In that case, anything that PC could see, so should the agent.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • I dont want to just ping the web page, but actually VIEW IT.

• I understand what you are asking... You want a "port redirect" that will travel through the agent connection and come out on the other side. I do have this ability through another monitoring package we use because Kaseya's monitoring wasn't up to snuff yet. (The jury is still out on that one.)

This is very similar to how RDP, VNC, File Transfer work currently in Kaseya. When we remote contol an computer we create a connection to "127.0.0.1: port" which is our own computer's loopback address. The viewer running on my machine knows to redirect anything coming over that port to the correct remote agent's IP address and port to establish whatever connection I requested. Using this technology already built into Kaseya, it should not be a stretch to be able to define a website in Kaseya for "remote control" and have IE/Firefox go to "127.0.0.1: port" and come out on the other side.

I'm going to throw this into the Feature Requests for VSA Eore Enhancement.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Did you ever get this working? We also use Trend CSM for clients and I would like to know if this is going to be too much of a hassle to bother.

Legacy Posted By Username: Axxis-Troy