Kaseya Community

How To Install Client on a Cluster

• How should I go about installing the Kaseya Client on a cluster?

I have a Windows 2003 server clustered for Exchange 2003 I would like to install it on. As you may know, if you have the same service running 2 times on a cluster, it tends to freeze things up. So just log into the clustered instance and install it? Will this watch everything that needs to be watched? If one machine goes down, will the other one pick up the service? Should it be installed on each machine, but under a different service name and instance ???

Confused

Legacy Forum Name: How To Install Client on a Cluster,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pbaumgartner
  • We installed one agent on each server in the cluster. This way we can monitor and control each separately for maintenance.
    We could see no advantage in making the agent a cluster resource since we monitor the cluster itself with Host Monitor.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: support@dg-pro.com
  • [QUOTE=support@dg-pro.com;32944]We installed one agent on each server in the cluster. This way we can monitor and control each separately for maintenance. We could see no advantage in making the agent a cluster resource since we monitor the cluster itself with Host Monitor.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response.

I found that I could install it on each server on the cluster with no further configuration needed.

Smile

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pbaumgartner