Kaseya Community

Auditing Object Access

• (Unfortunately) one of our clients has the requirement to audit file permission changes. We have it enabled and it shows up as ObjectAccess in the Security log, but, I don't see the ability to add that Category to the Event Log settings for the Agent.

I am pretty sure an Alert can be created (and easier), but an Alert isn't what we're going for. We just need to have a 6-month retention for file access changes.

Help? ConfusedBig Smile

Legacy Forum Name: Auditing Object Access,
    Legacy Posted By Username: isweric
  • isweric
    (Unfortunately) one of our clients has the requirement to audit file permission changes. We have it enabled and it shows up as ObjectAccess in the Security log, but, I don't see the ability to add that Category to the Event Log settings for the Agent.

I am pretty sure an Alert can be created (and easier), but an Alert isn't what we're going for. We just need to have a 6-month retention for file access changes.

Help? ConfusedBig Smile

Auditing security-related events using Windows event log entries sucks! I have been on the phone multiple times with Microsoft. They keep saying it will get better in the next version. You will probably need to get software that specifically audits security-related events. That will filter the events and gather information from multiple related entries and put it together to give you a sense of what happened to generate the entries. Without that, it's very cryptic. Even with it, it's hit or miss.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael