Kaseya Community

Work out when new hard drive is needed

• Hello,

i'm doing reporting every day for hard drive space and patching. i've been asked to write a report that will tell us when someone's hard drive will be full up to the point that we need to replace it.

Does anyone know how i could do this?

Thanks

oh about my scripts, it working just fine now, if someone want a copy of it, just PM me

Legacy Forum Name: Work out when new hard drive is needed,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dfenn
  • You need to create an alert for this.

What you need to do is goto the 'Monitor' tab, Click on 'Alerts' in the Function list on the left. In the drop down box at the top of this screen, select 'Low disk'. You can now set which machines you would like to receive an alert for, what do to when it creates an alert and specify how full you need the disk to be.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • Hey Thank for the Quick reply,

you hot almost all of what i want to do, however, i want to know how long it will be before the disk become full (ie this machine's harddrive will be full in 5 weeks or 2 years)

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: dfenn
  • dfenn
    Hey Thank for the Quick reply,

you hot almost all of what i want to do, however, i want to know how long it will be before the disk become full (ie this machine's harddrive will be full in 5 weeks or 2 years)

Thanks

Hi,

It's very subjective to know when will the hard drive will fully utilize. It just can alert you if the machines have less than ?% free space.

Legacy Posted By Username: tesvin
  • What you are looking for is Trending, ie. predict future resource usage via historic data analysis. Create a monitor set for the LogicalDisk, % Free Space counter and apply it to your agent(s). Be sure to configure trending in Step 6 of the wizard. You will need to let it collect enough data samples for accurate predictions. Trending reports can be generated from Monitor tab, Monitor, Monitor Trending Report from the drop-down.

Legacy Posted By Username: ed@securemycompany.com