Kaseya Community

Script to totally clean up a workstation

• Can anybody post a script and tools they are using to have Kaseya TOTALLY and automatically clean up a workstation? One that will hopefully:

- Check all major AV updates are current
    - Run a command line based Spyware package that does a great job
    - Defragmentation (this one’s pretty easy)
    - Anything else you're doing that’s valuable

I know that Kaseya has it's built in script, but it's OLD.

Any help would we GREATLY APPRECIATED by all I'm sure!

Legacy Forum Name: Script to totally clean up a workstation,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • Your idea of "totally" and mine probably aren't the same, though. And (he said, philosophically) is there truly a way to achieve total cleaning through automation? Never mind that there are very few command-line-friendly anti-spyware products, let alone products that do "a great job." (The gods know I've looked. Argh.) You're heavily into YMMV territory.

With that said...

I suppose I could build a "metascript" which would call my DAT-checker (though, we're on KES now so this isn't terribly useful) and my SpyBot-runner and my JkDefrag-er and my CCleaner-er. What we try to do, though, is minimize the performance hit on the client side so we spread the script scheduling for things out a bit. That's just our particular policy, however.

I recommend searching the forum for the kinds of scripts you want (everything I mention above is documented here, IIRC) and assemble/edit to taste.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck