Kaseya Community

How To Monitor Memory & CPU Usage For Servers In Kaseya

• I am trying to configure a monitor set to monitor the memory and CPU usage of a server. I have tried to configure a monitor set in Kaseya and test it on a workstation but I keep getting alerts when the usage is below the limit I setup.
    Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: How To Monitor Memory & CPU Usage For Servers In Kaseya,
    Legacy Posted By Username: aglenn
  • Firstly, make sure the operator you have selected is correct. It could just be something as simple as the operator being "under" instead of "over". If the settings are all correct, try re-applying the monitoring set. Failing that, talk to Kaseya. I had this issue, and received a hotfix for it, and then re-applied the set, but Kaseya support still needed to do something else to our VSA to get the set working properly.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • arobar is correct, though technically speaking the monitor set gets reapplied to all machines on which it was assigned, automatically, whenever you make a change to any parameter in the set. (An earlier post-major-release problem caused us to bring the K-server to a grinding halt when we tried to update parameters on a widely-deployed monitor set. Whee!)

I highly recommend, by the way, making your own copy of the "stock" sets to work with. Kaseya updates have a nasty tendency to revert the stock sets to their shipping defaults from time to time.

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • If your monitor set is already notifying you via email, make sure you disable the alarm generation while making the changes (System\Server Management\Configure). Otherwise you may get flooded with alarms and emails. I'll never make that mistake again....

Legacy Posted By Username: pbrophy