Kaseya Community

Hide Executive Summary Reports?

• We are just starting to implement customer logins for some of our clients. They will have limited functionality basically to run company reports and control their local workstations. We've created an "Executive" group template to use as a model for the company templates. We've found that if we give this group access to run reports it also gives them access to view summary report names we've created for all our other clients as well--they can't actually run a report against the machine group, but the reports are visible under the "run reports" section. I've tried selecting a report and setting it to "private" instead of "public", but this seems to hide it from other Master Admins as well. Is there a way to set permissions to hide reports from certain user groups?

Legacy Forum Name: Hide Executive Summary Reports?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: xogent
  • There is no way that I have found to hide this, however the way I got around it was to just create one executive summary report (non specific to company) then any client can see it and run it if they wish as it is not specific to a client. Not ideal but to be honest the reporting / restrictions in kaseya is not great so you have to compensate. You can then schedule reports specific to a company and get them emailed to an admin once a month or week if needs be.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Thanks, Michael. What I ended up doing is creating a generic executive summary report like you suggested and making that public so clients can run against their machine group when they log in. We still wanted to schedule monthly reports to send out to clients with summary of their overall network health, so I created a separate user account to be the master admin for the reports, created separate reports with customer information as private reports under that user login and then scheduled the reports through that user. That way, we can still administer client reports, but they are not visible to the end user.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: xogent