Kaseya Community

How to Backup your Kaseya Server????? besides the little database thingy.

• ok, so we all know Kaseya can back up the database at predetermined times.
    This is a big issue, and I am glad to see that the backup feature is there. Thank you Kaseya.

BUT... I got to thinking about the need for the managed server to need managed services....i.e who is backing up the kserver every night...not just the database.?

Legacy Forum Name: How to Backup your Kaseya Server????? besides the little database thingy.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gamer-x
  • We are. Full image is taken every 2 months, incrementals daily, and all of it is off-sited. Kaseya is an absolutely critical service. If it goes down, we better be able to get it back up and running ASAP. We had hardware issues a few weeks ago and we were really glad that we had a full image backup to work with. Restored to spare server hardware while the original was repaired, and moved it back when we were done.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Realized that I didn't actually say how we were backing up. We're using Kaseya's own BUDR feature. Just make sure you have the VSA server's image password stored somewhere OTHER than the Kaseya DB.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Take it from bottom-up. Kaseya has web application service and database service, both running on Windows. Therefore you need to backup

1) IIS Metabase - MS has KB articles about this
    2) MS-SQL - the database thingy, or you can do it by hand
    3) Registry - MS only recommends doing this via System State backups, not the little registry-to-file thingy that (might) suffice for workstations
    4) Kaseya Installation directories - so a Folder Backup of this, at a minimum

All four should be replicated offsite or somehow archived away from the production server(s).

Good luck!

Legacy Posted By Username: justin4dti
  • We also use the Acronis through Kaseya to backup each night. Full backup every 14 days and incrementals in between. This data is then sent offsite to my home via VPN.

Legacy Posted By Username: cbnny