Kaseya Community

Connect Wise & Kaseya 2008

• Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody is using connectwise and Kaseya 2008. I am getting mixed reviews and opinions both from kaseya and connectwise on the level of integration.

I just have some questions if anybody can help with any of them i would appreciate it.

1. If I create a ticket in kaseya does connectwise read this ticket into connectwise?

2. If I close a ticket in connectwise does it close it in kaseya.

3. How do i setup connectwise to read alarms from Kaseya or do I bother?

We have invested a lot of money in connectwise and I don't want to have to run two ticketing systems just cause one of the companies has not pulled the finger out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: Connect Wise & Kaseya 2008,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • 1. If I create a ticket in kaseya does connectwise read this ticket into connectwise?

HC: Never has. Why would you want to maintain two tickets. Have the Kaseya alarm send an email to CW.

HC: No... Back to why are you managing two ticketing systems?

HC: You dont; today. That may come now that Kaseya has released some APIs. CW is working with those APIs and we dont know what the APIs allow for. The normal method is for the Kaseya alarm to create an email to CW for the alarm.

I dont remember seeing you post this on the CW forum.
    hc

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • [quote user="howardc"]1. If I create a ticket in kaseya does connectwise read this ticket into connectwise?

HC: Never has. Why would you want to maintain two tickets. Have the Kaseya alarm send an email to CW.

MM: I don't want to maintain two ticket systems hence why I posted this on the forum. But within Kaseya under alarm summary you can create tickets directly from the alarm in this case it will create it in kaseya and not CW - so I presume this feature will become dead and we will have to manually create the tickets if we want to do further investigation.

HC: No... Back to why are you managing two ticketing systems?

MM: Related to my comments above.

HC: You dont; today. That may come now that Kaseya has released some APIs. CW is working with those APIs and we dont know what the APIs allow for. The normal method is for the Kaseya alarm to create an email to CW for the alarm.

Last point - do you setup a board for Kaseya in CW and then parse the emails coming from it to that board or do you use a general board.

Thanks for your comments Howard.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Kaseya API is actually very well documented. Open Kaseya help and look at the "VSA API Web Service" branch under Contents.

Legacy Posted By Username: ed@securemycompany.com
  • Hi

I should have said that I don't know what the Kaseya APIs allow for. I also dont know how much or how little of the Kaseya APIs that CW will implement.

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc