Kaseya Community

File Transfers

• I have a client that we've been using the FTP in Kaseya to transfer files back and forth between 2 sites, but this is painfully slow as it is limited by each site's upload speed ... we zip the files but they are still sometimes up to 50mb in size, anyone have any ideas on how to make this more reliable and possibly faster without having to get more upload speed from the ISPs?

By more reliable - I mean - the SlimFTP sometimes will crash about halfway thru the file transfer and then we need to start over completely ... so we are looking for something that wouldn't have this crash happen as easily ...

Legacy Forum Name: File Transfers,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting
  • For Server administration we use Radmin. You get a 30 day free trial to see if it suits you.

Depending on your needs there are helpdesk licenses (which is what we use) that come in packs of 50 minimum.

If you just want one or two then you can buy them for your client.

Radmin has a good file transfer. It has a limit of about 2GB per file from memory but usually picks up where left off if something crashes (the file transfer has never crashed itself in all the years we have used it).

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Shehan
  • Mike,
    Do you remember about what the pricing was for that helpdesk 50 pack?

Don

Legacy Posted By Username: Don.Bentz
  • You can't make anything faster then what your Internet is. I would agree that the Kaseya FTP stuff is not reliable enough to transfer a file of this size.

What kind of file is this that you transferring if you don't mind me asking?

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonb
  • Don.Bentz
    Mike,
    Do you remember about what the pricing was for that helpdesk 50 pack?

Don

The 50-99 user helpdesk pack is $33 per license (minimum 50)

This gives you the ownership rights so you can put it on a machine and later bring it back to you and put it on another customers machine.

The standard single license is $49 and the 50 license pack is $1490. The difference is that the 50 pack here is registered to one user only so you cannot buy it and onsell to your customers or buy it, put it on one customer machine and then later move to another machine with a new customer. Thats why they charge more for the helpdesk version, but it is worth it.

It does use an activation server to check the license.

We use it a lot and sometimes use it through K Remote control and other times directly (mainly to servers).

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Shehan