Kaseya Community

Document Management

• I wanted to see what everyone was doing to manage documents for customers. We use a combination of SalesForce.com and our Sharepoint intranet but wanted to see if anyone was using Kaseya for it. If so, to what magnitude? We develop documents for customers, ie, open license agreements, computer/network layout/matrix, etc..
    Any info on this would be appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Document Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: diggrp
  • We use Connectwise. In there you have the option to store documents by customer. This is where we put this stuff.

Legacy Forum Name: IT Procedures,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • At this time, we have a HUGE amount of information in Microsoft Exchange Server Public Folders. There is one folder for each client. It contains license agreement emails, DELL quotes and orders, serevr check reports, Kasaya monthly reports and more.

We are trying to figure out a good replacement, since Microsoft seems to be phasing out Exchange Server Public Folders - but so far, nothings seems to me as easy and intuitive to use

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • We use Sharepoint for this now after using file shares and ConnectWise in the past. Its very handy because we can sync the SP folders to Outlook for offline access.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Good ole CW. Sharepoint sounds interesting though.

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • CW right now. But we are going to be migrating to Sharepoint in the near future as far as I know

Legacy Posted By Username: Chris Henwood
  • CW, but I miss some of check in/versioning stuff from Sharepoint

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • WE have started to use wiki from MindTouch (opensource version)- www.mindtouch.com

Legacy Posted By Username: Colinl
  • We have started creating document libraries for clients in SharePoint. If you make the name of the library the same as the company id from ConnectWise then on the customizable links in ConnectWise you can create a link to SharePoint using the company id token as a variable. If you do it this way then 1 link will work for any company. As you change companies in ConnectWise, then click on the company link, it will open the correct client's documents.

Legacy Posted By Username: dnull@callnds.com
  • We use redmap it is a complete document management solution.

You can check there website out at

http://www1.redmap.com/

If you want any more information send me a PM we are authorised re sellers

Legacy Posted By Username: Joshua Lehman
  • For client documentation we use OneNote. Nice and simple, and allows us to store the data on the server with offline cache on our laptops. I have played with wiki's before and like them, but OneNote is just so much quicker that we end up using it more.

Legacy Posted By Username: djmundy
  • We have made good use of Groove. You can share documents, files and everything else.

I even shared some audio files. (They were recorded voicemails, not music files, of course.)

Legacy Posted By Username: Matt.Conlon
  • To clarify, Groove is a microsoft app (wasn't always, but is now) that you create an account with. Once your account is created, you create what are called "Workspaces". You can invite other people who have groove to view these workspaces.

Inside the workspaces you can have documents, HTML pages, chat rooms, white boards, I think there are interactive games you can play with other users who have been invited to the workspaces, you can share applications... It's peer to peer, so the files are stored on your local hard drive. Whenever something is updated, anyone invited to that workspace downloads the change, and Groove alerts them that there's new information.

You can also instant messege anyone you have in your contact list.

Legacy Posted By Username: Matt.Conlon
  • How about creating a dummy agent called Network Documentation in the machine group and upload your documents into the the agent's document tab? I have been testing it a little but have not finalized. Has anyone tried that yet? If you store it in html format you should beable to open it quickly as needed.

Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333