Kaseya Community

To buy or not to Buy

• While read through some posts awhile ago, there was a discussion regarding Malwarebytes. This product is the only product I've seen that can actually remove all variations of the False Antivirus 20xx. I been able to scan all my managed customers computers, but it will run and log is left on the screen. Doesn't work very well. The point of the legality of using this software was also brought out. What to do! I called the Malwarebyte company, I was given a quote for 100 MSP Licenses for $8 each. The question is should I add the value to my product. This works for now, what about in six months, will this product still have a value? I'm interested in what other MSP's thinks.

Legacy Forum Name: To buy or not to Buy,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Sansman
  • I've been trying to get costs from them for quite sometime, can you provide the contact you spoke to? we're getting lots of similar infections and even if it's a short term solution it's probably worthwhile to avoid the rebuilds we keep doing.

Legacy Forum Name: MSP General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: paultomlinson
  • Does that price include all future releases or not? If it includes updates and new versions then one would hope that they would keep on top of the problems but saying that even companies like Symantec and McAfee stuggle to keep up with these kind of infections so I guess its a risk no matter what....

Legacy Posted By Username: Comsyco
  • I went to Partners on the web site. It appears there is a special version for MSP's a very well hidden fact. The price was $8.35 when purchasing 100 license. To answer more questions:

Basically, the paid MSP licensed product provides proactive protection from malware infections. These versions are
    scriptable and work within the Kaseya, N-Able, LPI, etc management framework and scanning, detecting, logging
    and removals can be automated and are supported by us.

The guy I spoke to was Pete Nguyen, he prefers to be contacted by email at
    Pete@malwarebytes.org, good luck

Legacy Posted By Username: Sansman
  • If you are worried about Malwarebytes consistency, they have been around for some time and the software has been available for some time too. I believe they will stick around. Their licensing is per year, so if they did drop off the map, it'd probbaly still be 800 dollars well spent. Think of that 800 dollars as preventing 10,000 dollars worth of service calls due to clients downloading malware/toolbars/viruses.

If i wasn't using KES and ran custom software I'd go with malwarebytes over any other.

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • Has anyone compared the malware protection of KES (AVG) to Malwarebytes? Malywarebytes is more successful than Symantec and many other products we've seen, but I haven't done any specific testing against KES / AVG.

One scenario we run into is picking up a new customer where they have preexisting infections. What tools are you using to clean the systems first?

Legacy Posted By Username: gvanburen@symquest.com
  • our first choice for an alternative malware checker is mbam. if they are running mbam then we will use another product to do a cross check. In my experience none of the products get 100% of the evil stuff that is out there.

I'd rather recover from backup than spend hours trying to clean up a box and then still have doubts that we got everything.

Legacy Posted By Username: razmataz
  • I just got the $8.35 price from MalwareBytes as well. I believe this to be a growing sponge market. Its starting to remind me of Novell starting the cert band wagon and others start to jump on board.

If you look at the cost of the VSA, then you add BUDR, then you add the User state, then you add the KES, then you add whatever else Kaseya comes out with, then on top of that, you start adding on the DIRMS, MalwareBytes, this and that....pretty soon your working to pay for all the subscriptions you have added on, and you know, you can't keep raising the price of your services as you keep adding on. Seems like more and more vendors are slowing jumping into the MSP arena with their add-on.

I believe that soon, you will see a full list of available MSP "add ons" from the vendors for Kaseya. Wonder when Symantec and the other biggies will realize the MSP market is here.

Legacy Posted By Username: shickey