Kaseya Community

Laptop End of Life

• Hi All

What features / tools does Kaseya have that will help an administrator identify laptops that are coming to the end of their life. The customer wants to keep his estate running for as long as possible and mentioned disk clean-ups and defragmentation, however I was wondering if there was more available.

Legacy Forum Name: Laptop End of Life,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Fatboyfish
  • That's something that is difficult to do since there's really no cut and dry "After X days, this laptop will be useless" point. The EoL for one user would be different for another.

However, the auditing and monitoring in Kaseya makes available all the necessary information a properly trained tech would need to make that decision, based on the needs of the client.

Legacy Forum Name: MSP General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Matt.Conlon
  • We consider "End of Life" to be when the warranty runs out. If they want to purchase an extended warranty through the manufacturer, they can do so.

Legacy Posted By Username: Lmhansen
  • I agree with LMHansen on this... We also create tow additional fields in the system info called Warranty start and warranty end. This way I can run a monthly report and see what machines are going out of date. I can also export the report to excel and create a graph that shows the age count of machines (10 machines 1 yr old, 20 machines 2 yrs old, etc...). Then I can print to pdf the graph and give my execs a pretty picture of their workstation age/health for our CTO meetings.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    I agree with LMHansen on this... We also create tow additional fields in the system info called Warranty start and warranty end. This way I can run a monthly report and see what machines are going out of date. I can also export the report to excel and create a graph that shows the age count of machines (10 machines 1 yr old, 20 machines 2 yrs old, etc...). Then I can print to pdf the graph and give my execs a pretty picture of their workstation age/health for our CTO meetings.

Are you manually entering in that info for each agent?

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • Yes... Since 95% of the machines we manage are Dell systems, the system info tab has the Dell service tag. So we click that link (Bringing us to the Dell support page for that system), scroll down the page to the warranty start/end date section, cut and paste it into the same fields in K. This is a little tedious at first, but after 5-6 hours (for 1200+ systems) the data is in. Afterwards, we do monthly clean ups (scapes) for any new system that was not updated with this info (a few minutes here and there).

Well worth the effort.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Just an FYI - we have a tool that will do all of this for not only HP - but a lot of vendors for you....

http://www.updatewarranty.com

Free trial!

Thanks
    Chris@christoit.com

Legacy Posted By Username: christo