Kaseya Community

Kaseya & Connectwise integration question

• I do realize that this is a Kaseya forum, but I am hoping someone else has integrated with ConnectWise and may have a solution to this issue.

We are using ConnectWise as our platform for tracking tickets/issues. We have configured our Kaseya agents to send an email to a specific address on our Exchange 2007 server that has a connector to ConnectWise where parsing rules are setup so the inbound issue is assigned to the correct Company in ConnectWise by checking the subject line of the email for the computer name. If the computer name is listed in the Configuration Tab of ConnectWise, then the ticket is automatically filled in with the correct information.

We also have it set so if a second ticket is sent in with the same subject line as another ticket, the second will automatically be closed. However this is not occurring and the duplicates are being sent through and are creating new tickets.

Has anyone experienced this before? If so, how did you correct it? Thank you.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya & Connectwise integration question,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Sal_DiPietro
  • I currently have this same setup. If duplicate emails are sent to my public folder, it does NOT create a second ticket. There is an option in Connectwise to ignore duplicate summaries. Be sure your summary is identical in the email.

Legacy Forum Name: MSP General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • Ditto to boostmr2, we have several email connector folders that do not duplicate tickets when they receive an email with the same subject as an already open ticket. In the email connector setup table, you need to uncheck the box that says, "Discard Emails With Duplicated Subjects".

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Thank you for your posts. I will look into this to see if it resolves the issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: Sal_DiPietro