Kaseya Community

Autotask and Kaseya

• Anyone currently using both Autotask and Kaseya?

Are you using Kaseya to email Autotask to create calls automatically?

I am looking at setting this up, and rather than try and reinvent the wheel would like some insite on how someone who has tried or currently is using it.

Thanks,

Legacy Forum Name: Autotask and Kaseya,
    Legacy Posted By Username: GrantB
  • I thought Autotask has directions or a module to do this? I know that Connectwise has a module that must be purchased.

God Bless,
    Marty

Legacy Forum Name: MSP General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Missing Link
  • Not from what I can tell...

Autotask wants 1800 per day to configure it also. While they dont think it will take more than 1 day to set it up, I will just do it myself.

What I am looking at primarly doing is having Kaseya Email Autotask and create a ticket in our ticketing system (autotask).

It involves having all the emails sent to an email address I have created kaseya@mydomainname.com then buying a 3rd party program that attaches an XML token and forwards it to addticket@autotask.com

Just wondering if it was working ok for anyone out there before i go spending money on the 3rd party program (email2db) and don't end up statisfied with the end result.

Thanks

• We have been using Email2DB with Autotask for the past year and a half, and it works. Its a little clunky to setup/configure but I would say we spent a half day on it and got it to work. You don't need to pay AutoTask for a day of consulting, but do need to purchase the email2db software. If you have any questions on the configuration, email me directly and I'm happy to help: aglinka@thinkingbeyondIT.com

Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: aglinka
  • I looked into a few different methods of integration but I chose to manually create tickets until Autotask finishes the integration. They say end of the month.....lets hope so.

Legacy Posted By Username: WayneL@P-Connect.com
  • That's what they say.

Hopefully it will be a few steps in the right direction.

I like how it creates the tickets but don't like how now I basically have to wade through two different call systems.

We will see what the future release of Autotask holds in store...

Grant

• We have been using Autotask for several years now and are happy to report that Kaseya integration is due out at month's end.

According to Autotask's announcement: "Autotask integration requires the Kaseya API which is targeted for release on February 29, 2008." So, I take it as Kaseya and Autotask have worked together and Kaseya's next release at the end of the month will finally enable it.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • We are currently beta-testing AutoTask's interface for Kaseya. It will have round-trip ticket closure, LAN Watch can create installed products automatically which can be used for billing contracts, etc.

I'll report more as we continue testing. If you can, hold off on purchasing Email2DB.

Steven Wilson
    Catalyst Technology Group

Legacy Posted By Username: swilson
  • Too late on purchasing Email2DB. And with some help from andrew from BeyondIT (post is above) he was able to give me enough information that I now have a dependable, solid system that is creating tickets in autotask for me. It involves Kaseya monitoring the event sets/monitor sets and creting a "kaseya ticket". Upon creating a ticket it sends an Email to my internal Exchange server. Then the Email2DB program parses the email for keywords (fail, failure, patch and reboot, Backup exec, etc...) then if the email contains the keywords it is forwarded to [email]addticket@autotask.net[/email], if not it is deleted. There are more steps and more detail involved, including forwarding all emails to a second internal email account for filing and record purposes. Email me if you would like more information on how to set it up. BUT, thank andrew as he was the one who showed me his way of doing it. ~

Deleted email address per user request
    [edited by: BrianMcCann at 11:26 AM (GMT -7) on Jun 14, 2017]
  • Round trip ticket closure would be awesome to see. We are currently using the Email2DB method but it does leave the Kaseya tix hanging.

Legacy Posted By Username: shaynes
  • Absolutely. I am having to turn around and manually close the calls in Kaseya (after already doing the work and closing them in Autotask).

It is also affecting my reporting on the "tickets"

Do you have a solution to this?

Also I noticed my Exchange Store would hang daily after running Email2DB over IMAP. I logged a Microsoft Partner "Server Down" call. Microsoft determined that an IMAP update is necessary. Also note that the update is only accessible from Microsoft and the password to install the update changes daily. A little paranoid if you ask me.

~Grantb

• Here is the KB article i found, and it does appear you can download the update for the IMAP4 .dll files.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/9154003

Grantb

• There is a post in the Autotask forum with specific instructions for getting tickets from Kaseya into Autotask without the use of Email2DB. I am willing to forward those to anyone who needs it but it makes more sense to just wait another week until the API is released

Legacy Posted By Username: WayneL@P-Connect.com
  • Now that the new Kaseya/Autotask integration has taken place is anyone utilizing it yet?

if so please share your experience.

Thanks,

• I sort of tried. I had previously had some success as a beta tester (at least it communicated and tried to import until it hit "duplicate" machines because of collections). Now, I started an import and 2 days later, it never completed.

But I also know that (and heard complaints about the fact that) Autotask can map only a SINGLE group to a single account. That means that if you've got more than one Kaseya group for an Autotask account, you simply won't be able to import all the machines. Note that this is an AUTOTASK problem, not a Kaseya one.

I'm actually no longer actively using Autotask because of there being too many issues... too slow, inability to do things that are necessary, etc.

Sadly, it seems that Kaseya currently doesn't integrate with ANYTHING... ConnectWise integration is now broken, the Autotask "integration" doesn't work for many people, and the only other "integrations" out there are nothing more than importing alerts via e-mail as tickets (which I don't really consider "integration").

Legacy Posted By Username: warever