Kaseya Community

Dell Promanage...............?

• Should we all get worried about this? Did anyone take them for a test drive and see what it really means? They definitely have their marketing material ready. Just wondering what everyones opinion is.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/managed/managed_services_overview?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

Thanks,
    Daniel

Legacy Forum Name: Dell Promanage...............?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ddenhoed
  • Ehhh... after looking at their plans I don't see how they can do what we do any cheaper, plus be able to build the in your face releastionship we local guys can give.

Legacy Forum Name: MSP General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • They provide on-site services also. Which made me wonder who that would be. They utilize Unisys maybe? Just like they do for hardware? But what do they know about your network, requirements and applications (supported or not). They will not be able to fix your quickbooks or Great Plains SQL puke that happenend last night. Even if it is billable to the client. So what then? You need to hire another IT firm to take care of that and hope that they are knowledgable.

Sorry for answering my own questions, I really appreciate anyone's input.

• It kind of annoys me that they keep putting their heads on both sides of the channel. I haven't tried it, but it doesn't look like they do anything we can't.

Legacy Posted By Username: kroberts210
  • I actually had my first run in with Dell a month ago. I made a mistake of providing my clients information tothem when we buy new servers since it is now a Dell policy for you to release this infomration for proposal quotes.

I got a surprised call from my client when he claims a Dell rep called him to try and schedule an onsite meeting to discuss services they can offer at a much cheaper rate. I was quite furious and called my rep to B*tch at him and Dell but he claims this was the new model that Dell is under going... Confused

I will never buy another Dell product again after they did this just shows you what they are capable of doing. They will try to lure your clients unto their own managed services....

I second that our only protection is our relationship with the clients as they stayed with me because of this... just my .02 cents.

Legacy Posted By Username: JeffD
  • JeffD
    I actually had my first run in with Dell a month ago. I made a mistake of providing my clients information tothem when we buy new servers since it is now a Dell policy for you to release this infomration for proposal quotes.

I got a surprised call from my client when he claims a Dell rep called him to try and schedule an onsite meeting to discuss services they can offer at a much cheaper rate. I was quite furious and called my rep to B*tch at him and Dell but he claims this was the new model that Dell is under going... Confused

I will never buy another Dell product again after they did this just shows you what they are capable of doing. They will try to lure your clients unto their own managed services....

I second that our only protection is our relationship with the clients as they stayed with me because of this... just my .02 cents.

You should not be surprised.

Dells idea of a partnership is to use you until they get to the position they want and then stomp all over said partners head in a mad scramble to better themselves.

Hey at least they are consistentBig Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: mrbiggles
  • That is the sole reason why we are an HP partner. Hopefully they will not get that same idea. However, it's all about trust and relationships. We are local and provide local services. Dell is such a big monster, do you really want to deal with support in a different country and get transfered 20 times, just to find out that you need to call a different phone number?

Took me 2 hours yesterday to order a $1.99 battery from Dell for a server for a client. As long as we can be better then that, we might not have to worry anytime soon :-)

• JeffD
    I actually had my first run in with Dell a month ago. I made a mistake of providing my clients information tothem when we buy new servers since it is now a Dell policy for you to release this infomration for proposal quotes.

I got a surprised call from my client when he claims a Dell rep called him to try and schedule an onsite meeting to discuss services they can offer at a much cheaper rate...

We switched from Dell to HP 2 years ago because they treated us like just another retail customer. No channel support whatsoever.

I can't say my relationship with HP is perfect but I think they DO understand "channel" and I don't worry about them jumping me from behind.

--Tom

Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • sequoya
    We switched from Dell to HP 2 years ago because they treated us like just another retail customer. No channel support whatsoever.

I can't say my relationship with HP is perfect but I think they DO understand "channel" and I don't worry about them jumping me from behind.

--Tom

I agree Dell really sticks it to the people who probably sell the majority of their products. We still sell Dell exclusively, but I wish there was a better option. I am fully aware that they would stab me in the back if they thought the could make 5 dollars. Our problem is only Dell offers onsite warranties in this area, and we make a decent profit providing those warranties thorugh qualxserv etc... After we sell the product.

It really sux to support a company you know would eat you if they could...

I think Dell is in a slow downward spiral myself. Until the quality of their products tanks or they actually look like a competitor, I'll stick with them...

Viva La Local Guy! Mad

Legacy Posted By Username: ccarmichael
  • ccarmichael
    ...Our problem is only Dell offers onsite warranties in this area...

We use HP and are in rural SW New Hampshire. We've never had trouble getting warranty service and I'm not aware of any geographic limits. Are you sure HP won't provide on-site warranties where you are? This is odd since both Dell and HP outsource the onsite stuff to same service orgs (QualXerve, et al.) in our area.

Where the heck are you? Smile

--Tom

Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya